Sunday, March 30, 2008

Doing things for yourself

This is important in any action you take. If you are doing things for validation from other people or because you are worried what others think of you then you are coming at it the wrong way. Most people follow this path. They go to school for things and take jobs based on it making someone else proud (parents), don't risk talking to a girl because they are afraid that their friends won't find their choice attractive, etc. This is a joke, I know I've done it for so long in my life, it's a vicious cycle that makes you a puppet on strings. That's no way to live...in turmoil fighting against what would make you happy. This is your life, you came in this world alone and you're going to go out alone. Why not treat yourself as the most important thing in your life and do things to make yourself happy. I don't know about you but I don't want to be one of those people that looks back on his life when he's 60 and sits there reminiscing about things I wish I had taken risks on and had done differently.

1 comment:

Gene Carusso said...

this is easier said than done... but needs to be handled in life. Parents raise their children hoping that they will be successfull and wont leap into the mistakes that they ran into. They want us to continue where their childhood has left off.